The purpose of benchmarking system is to develop the basic enterprise ratings, define best techniques and prepare recommendations for their inclusion into the federal industrial development programmes and enterprise development programmes.
The present automated system uses for benchmarking of industrial enterprises both the data submitted voluntarily by enterprises taking part in the research, and the data from energy passports registered with GIS TEK (State information system “Fuel and energy complex”).
The industrial energy efficiency benchmarking process, which is used for building this rating system, is going through the following steps:
- Making a list of enterprises from the same sector of industry.
- Making an initial database for energy intensity indexes of main products (works, services) based on the data from energy passports registered with GIS TEK, and on additional data submitted by enterprises in a voluntary mode.
- Collecting a group of industry experts.
- Developing and submitting to them a questionnaire with the expert assessments of main factors influencing the energy consumption of an enterprise performing the particular type of economic activity (production of goods, works, services) along with their impact factors.
- Making a list of most significant indicators out of all factors that influence energy consumption.
- Energy efficiency ranking of enterprises from the whole sector of industry without any breakdown. The highest rating goes to an enterprise, which has the lowest energy intensity of main product. Other enterprises are ranked on the basis of increasing energy intensity of main products.
- Ranking of enterprises within each group of enterprises, which has the same or similar values of indexes with the strongest impact on energy efficiency.
- Ranking within each sub-group of a group of enterprises, which has the same or similar values of indexes with the significant impact on energy efficiency.
- General ranking of enterprises considering each impact factor, making of the final rating system (the general ratings of all enterprises, and separate ratings of groups of enterprises with similar production volumes of main products.
- Study on energy efficiency measures carried out in recent years by rating leaders.
- Developing general recommendations for the whole sector of industry on implementing energy efficient technologies.